[Serusers] hi

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Fri Nov 21 15:55:52 CET 2003

On Nov 21, 2003 at 15:58, Evgeniy <evgeniy at riscom.net> wrote:
[...]
> > It works for me on openbsd 3.2.
> OpenBSD 3.4 have changed binary format from aout to elf
> maybe problem is here ?
> i can send full install log or create ssh access to my system.

Hmm, it seems that it changed the symbols which are exported. Maybe
different link flags? (the symbols from ser are used by the modules, so
they must be exported; adding -E to the gcc link command for ser takes
care of this for all arhitectures, until now...).

Could you send me (along with the full install log), the output of:

nm ser
nm -D ser    # this does not work on openbsd 3.2 because is a.out,
             # nm doesn't even have the -D switch, but if the format is
             # now elf, it should work
objdump -T ser # same as above, in case nm does not have the -D switch

same thing on one of the modules:

nm modules/textops/textops.so
nm -D modules/textops/textops.so  # or objdump -T ...

If I can't figure this out from the logs, I will ask you for the ssh
access.

Thanks,
Andrei