[Serusers] Setting feilds for SIP User end

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Thu Nov 20 23:20:51 CET 2003

Hello, comments inline.

On 20-11 13:54, Peter David wrote:
> Hello all again,
>
> why is it that the docs http://iptel.org/ser/doc/ser-howto/ser-Howto.html
> is telling me to do a "/usr/local/sbin/ser_mysql.sh"

Where is it, which section ?

> but this is what I am getting:
>
> [root at bbcom-ser ser-0.8.11]# /usr/local/sbin/ser_mysql.sh
> usage: ser_mysql.sh create
>        ser_mysql.sh drop   (!!entirely deletes tables)
>        ser_mysql.sh reinit (!!entirely deletes and than re-creates tables
>        ser_mysql.sh backup (dumps current database to stdout)
>            ser_mysql.sh restore <file> (restores tables from a file)
>        ser_mysql.sh copy <new_db> (creates a new db from an existing one)
>        ser_mysql.sh reinstall (updates to a new SER database)
>
>        if you want to manipulate database as other MySql user than
>        root, want to change database name from default value "ser",
>        or want to use other values for users and password, edit the
>        "config vars" section of the command ser_mysql.sh
>
> Shout I just do a "/usr/local/sbin/ser_mysql.sh create"

If you want to create the ser database then yes.

> Also I am trying to enter SIP users [Cisco 7940]
> I need some knowledge on the SER tables
> 1. which tables need to be populated to enable SIP devices to access the SER?
> 2. is just subsciber only?

If you don't use digest authentication then you don't have to create
anything -- all users will be enabled by default.

If you use digest authentication then you need to create a row in the
subscriber table. Use "serctl add" command for that.

   Jan.