[Serusers] Record-Route Questions

Garey, Tim Tim.Garey at icn.siemens.com
Thu Nov 20 22:52:31 CET 2003

Hello,

Using ser 0.8.11 with redhat 9. I am not using mysql or authentication.

The record-route call I'm making almost works, except for SER not passing
BYE's from our softswitch. I don't see why SER is blocking these. The ACK
is correctly following the record-route logic, the BYE looks like it is but
SER is
blocking passage. sip_scenario trace and ser.cfg routing logic are pasted
here
but the full sip_scenario file with packet contents are attached as a file.

I don't see anything wrong with how the record-route and route headers are
being used.
Please help!

Thank you  VERY much !!! This group is terrific.

Tim

Attached file has sip_scenario trace

10.16.1.218 6037534033 is SER registered phone who initiates call
10.16.1.147 is SER
172.17.4.102 is our softswitch acting as back2back user agent.
10.16.1.214 6032251114 is softswitch registered phone answers/terminates
call.

10.16.1.218        10.16.1.147        172.17.4.102       10.16.1.214
|                  |                  |                  |
<Call><PFrame><Time>
|                  |                  |                  |
| F1 INVITE (sdp)  |                  |                  |
|>---------------->|                  |                  |
|                  |                  |                  |
| ant to us 100 F2 |                  |                  |
|<----------------<|                  |                  |
|                  |                  |                  |
|                  | F3 INVITE (sdp)  |                  |
|                  |>---------------->|                  |
|                  |                  |                  |
|                  |    Trying 100 F4 |                  |
|                  |<----------------<|                  |
|                  |                  |                  |
|                  |                  | F5 INVITE (sdp)  |
|                  |                  |>---------------->|
|                  |                  |                  |
|                  |                  |   Ringing 180 F6 |
|                  |                  |<----------------<|
|                  |                  |                  |
|                  |   Ringing 180 F7 |                  |
|                  |<----------------<|                  |
|                  |                  |                  |
|   Ringing 180 F8 |                  |                  |
|<----------------<|                  |                  |
|                  |                  |                  |
|                  |                  |  (sdp) OK 200 F9 |
|                  |                  |<----------------<|
|                  |                  |                  |
|                  |                  | F10 ACK          |
|                  |                  |>---------------->|
|                  |                  |                  |
|                  | (sdp) OK 200 F11 |                  |
|                  |<----------------<|                  |
|                  |                  |                  |
| (sdp) OK 200 F12 |                  |                  |
|<----------------<|                  |                  |
|                  |                  |                  |
| F13 ACK          |                  |                  |
|>---------------->|                  |                  |
|                  |                  |                  |
|                  | F14 ACK          |                  |
|                  |>---------------->|                  |
|                  |                  |                  |
|                  |                  |          BYE F15 |
|                  |                  |<----------------<|
|                  |                  |                  |
|                  |                  | F16 200 OK       |
|                  |                  |>---------------->|
|                  |                  |                  |
|                  |          BYE F17 |                  |
|                  |<----------------<|                  |
|                  |                  |                  |
|                  |          BYE F18 |                  |
|                  |<----------------<|                  |
|                  |                  |                  |
|                  |          BYE F19 |                  |
|                  |<----------------<|                  |
|                  |                  |                  |
|                  |          BYE F20 |                  |
|                  |<----------------<|                  |
|                  |                  |                  |
|                  |          BYE F21 |                  |
|                  |<----------------<|                  |
|                  |                  |                  |
|                  |          BYE F22 |                  |
|                  |<----------------<|                  |
|                  |                  |                  |
|                  |          BYE F23 |                  |
|                  |<----------------<|                  |
|                  |                  |                  |
|                  |          BYE F24 |                  |
|                  |<----------------<|                  |
|                  |                  |                  |
| F25 BYE          |                  |                  |
|>---------------->|                  |                  |
|                  |                  |                  |
|                  | F26 BYE          |                  |
|                  |>---------------->|                  |
|                  |                  |                  |
|                  |       OK 200 F27 |                  |
|                  |<----------------<|                  |
|                  |                  |                  |
|       OK 200 F28 |                  |                  |
|<----------------<|                  |                  |

Here is routing logic:

# main routing logic

route{

	# initial sanity checks -- messages with
	# max_forwards==0, or excessively long requests
	if (!mf_process_maxfwd_header("10")) {
		sl_send_reply("483","Too Many Hops");
		break;
	};
	if (len_gt( max_len )) {
		sl_send_reply("513", "Message too big");
		break;
	};

	if (method=="INVITE") {
		rewritehostport("172.17.4.102");
		record_route();
		t_relay();
	#	forward (172.17.4.102, 5060);
	};

	# we record-route all messages -- to make sure that
	# subsequent messages will go through our proxy; that's
	# particularly good if upstream and downstream entities
	# use different transport protocol
	#record_route();

	# loose-route processing
	if (loose_route()) {
		t_relay();
		break;
	};

	# if the request is for other domain use UsrLoc
	# (in case, it does not work, use the following command
	# with proper names and addresses in it)
	if (uri==myself) {

		if (method=="REGISTER") {

# Uncomment this if you want to use digest authentication
#			if (!www_authorize("iptel.org", "subscriber")) {
#				www_challenge("iptel.org", "0");
#				break;
#			};

			save("location");
			break;
		};

		# native SIP destinations are handled using our USRLOC DB
		if (!lookup("location")) {
			sl_send_reply("404", "Not Found");
			break;
		};
	};
	# forward to current uri now; use stateful forwarding; that
	# works reliably even if we forward from TCP to UDP
	#if (!t_relay()) {
	#	sl_reply_error();
	#};

}