[Serusers] Too many hops

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Thu Nov 20 19:05:33 CET 2003

On Nov 20, 2003 at 10:52, Urvish Khandwalla <Urvish.Khandwalla at colorado.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>   I an dialing from my Cisco IP phone to SER (0.8.11) on the same network
> (192.168.1.x) and it is giving me a STATUS message: 483 Too many hops. Any
> suggestions.

Probably ser tries to forward the message to itself (you can make sure
this is the case by dumping the traffic on the loopback interface).
If this is the case and you are using the standard config, then the
uri==myself condition does not match. Check to see that when ser starts
 it lists the domain you are sending the message to in aliases. If not
 add alias=your.domain to your ser.cfg.

Andrei