[Serusers] Re: postgres module

Greg Fausak lgfausak at august.net
Thu Nov 20 15:10:23 CET 2003

Hi Alex,

Please keep these questions on the list, the answer may (or
may not) help others!

Anyway, I thought that postgres was distributed with SER.
It is in the modules/postgres directory, and it can be
compiled in by removing it from the Makefile, ie, remove postgres
from the lines in the Makefile that look something like:

exclude_modules?=           cpl cpl-c ext extcmd mangler pdt \
                             postgres snmp xlog  \
                             im radius_acc radius_auth \
                             jabber mysql \
                             auth_radius group_radius uri_radius

You will also need to compile postgres on the machine you
are installing on, and create a database.  Standard database stuff.
You can get information on postgres from www.postgresql.org.

---greg