[Serusers] Simple proxy with nathelper

Stephen Miles smiles at callplus.co.nz
Thu Nov 20 06:13:55 CET 2003

Hi all,

Have a few problems setting ser up to act as a front end proxy talking
to our back end SIP Server using nathelper.

What we need SER to do is simply proxy all requests from a user to a
protected sip server on a private vlan.
We need ser to fix the nat, record the users origanal location, rewrite
the contact and ship it off to the sip proxy on the private vlan. So ALL
user transactions will go through SER and the sip server on the private
vlan sees ALL requests as coming from the SER proxy.

We have tried several configs but can't seem to nail it down.

Any help would be great. In essence we want it to act like a web proxy,
request comes in from user, ser proxys it to sip server using itself as
the contact and sending the responces back to the user including
authentication information (i.e SER does not authenticate the user, it
proxys the request to the sip proxy on the private vlan).

We got siproxd to do it but siproxd does not have the nathelper
capabilities that ser does (and that we must have).

Thanks in advance,
Stephen

This message and any attachments contain privileged and confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited.  If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately via email and then destroy this message and any attachments.