[Serusers] Calling line id restriction (CLIR)

timlaa at luukku.com timlaa at luukku.com
Wed Nov 19 13:48:57 CET 2003

Hi,

after couple of months of SER experience I'm now facing a problem with CLIR type of supplementary service which I'm not able solve by myself, hopefully I'll receive some hints from seruser list readers.

The case is that in pstn connection I have Cisco as5300 gw in use and when calling from pstn side I can omit the calling line id e.g. by typing the prefix  #31# just before the b-sub uri in number format  --> calleed party (being now sip uac registered in to SER) will see anonymous caller via pstn gw, OK (the same can be monitored from the sip messages coming from gw to ser).
But how do the same when calling from sip uac (registered to SER) to pstn ? I have understood that one way is to use Append_rpid_hf (in september posts there were nice descriptions for the usage of it, but I'm not sure if I understood it thoroughly). Before playing with prefix and suffix I just tested how the append_rpid_hf would work and added the line in my ser.cfg...only that when I make call from sip client and monitor the sip messages there is no Remote-Party id line appended to the initial sip invite header ?
btw, I'm using radius auth and ser 0.8.11

reg.
    timlaa

Maksuton sähköposti aina käytössä http://luukku.com
Kuukausimaksuton MTV3 Internet-liittymä www.mtv3.fi/liittyma