[Serusers] Cyclic Attack ??

Nils Ohlmeier nils at iptel.org
Wed Nov 19 00:07:57 CET 2003

On Wednesday 19 November 2003 00:03, Kannaiyan Natesan wrote:
> Will Ser handle Cyclic attacks ?
>
> I.
>
> If I have two domains A  & B,
>
>    When A requests a call forwards to B, & B forwards to A.
>    Will Ser be able to prevent this cyclic attack? or how to mange this?

Maybe you should introduce yourself into the basics os SIP, e.g by reading
http://iptel.org/ser/sipintro.html. There is a header field called
Max-Forwards which prevents endless loops (or cyclic attacks how you call
it). And naturally SER can check this header filed if you do it in your
config script.

Regards
  Nils