[Serusers] Serctl new user error --

Nils Ohlmeier nils at iptel.org
Tue Nov 18 03:19:19 CET 2003

Hello,

On Tuesday 18 November 2003 03:11, Kannaiyan Natesan wrote:
> [root at natesaa1 ser]# serctl add newuser newuser newuser at newdomain.com
> /usr/local/sbin/serctl: line 169: /dev/stderr: No such file or directory
>
> /usr/local/sbin/serctl: line 304: /dev/stderr: No such file or directory

You really have a problem with your system IMHO if there is no /dev/stderr
available.

> Enter password:
> ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'ser at localhost' (Using password: NO)
> introducing a new user to the database failed

Did you entered the standard password 'heslo' for user ser here?
Is your database (mysql) running?
Did you run the ser_mysql.sh script to create the database and the users?

> When I try to add a new user it gives the above error.
>
> I have a doubt. Is the ser verion  0.8.11 is stable ???

Ser 0.8.11 is stable! But you seems to have some problem with your system
setup.

Regards
  Nils