[Serusers] SER Startup --

Steve Phillips steve at focb.co.nz
Tue Nov 18 00:01:03 CET 2003

> I'm facing problem with SER when my system reboots or in restart.
> It does not start automatically.
> I also created  /etc/init.d/ser.

you will need to add a link into your runlevel startup directories, this
changes depending on what unix you are on but is usually one of

/etc/rcX.d (later redhat, debian, solaris etc)
/etc/rc.d/rcX.d (earlier versions of redhat, some other unixes may use
this as well)

say you normally start in run level 3 (check initdefault in /etc/inittab
file)

ln -s /etc/init.d/ser /etc/rc3.d/S80ser

you may also want to add a shutdown link as well (usually in /etc/rc6.d)

ln -s /etc/init.d/ser /etc/rc6.d/K10ser

chkconfig can help adding these links if you have it installed and the
script supports it

chkconfig ser on

and to list the startup levels..
# chkconfig --list ser
ser             0:off   1:off   2:off   3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

HTH,

--
Steve.