[Serusers] How to write Services and Applications over SIP with SER

ilhan Kaya pergamonzeus at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 15 14:18:33 CET 2003

Hi all,

I have a working SER version (0.8.11) on RH 8.0.It
works very well with default configuration.It
funstions  as a registrar, proxy and redirect server.
{Thanks a lot to iptel fellows} I am using MSN
Messanger v4.7 and Windows Messangers as test clients.

I read
http://www.iptel.org/ser/doc/seruser/seruser.html#AEN1112

and some publications, tutorials and IETF documents on
your site http://www.iptel.org/info/players/ietf/

As a part of my Master Thesis a am trying to implement
some Services on IP with SIP.Thesis services might
look like

-IN services like Call Screening, Call forwarding
Busy/No answer, Automated call back...

-SIP/IP services like Pre-paid Calling card,
click-to-dial, call conference...

I know that FIFO server is used to write services like
click-to dial, but unfortunately, I am little bit
confused with that. I read the documentation and
examine ctd.sh(Jiri's click-to-dial example) and get
"488 Not Allowed Here" response from Windows Messanger
because of the  REFER method.

What I am Asking is:

Are there any tools or mechanisms other than FIFO to
write services on SER? and  otherwise more
documentation on FIFO?

For example Can I use JCC(Java Call Control) or CPL to
work some applications on SER?

Do I write a module  CPL integrator or JCC integration
to SER to use JCC or CPL?

Any help?