[Serusers] SER Restarting Automatically on Rehat Linux 9.0

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Thu Nov 13 02:10:06 CET 2003

On Nov 12, 2003 at 16:28, Rose, John <jrose at premconf.com> wrote:
> Has anyone else had problems with SER not starting on a reboot of Redhat
> Linux 9.0?

There were some user reporting this kind of problems, but we never
encountered them (OTOH we don't use RH too much). It might be
an init.d script problem. If you have problems (and it's not a broken
 config) just try starting & stoping ser several times from the console
 (/etc/init.d/ser start ; /etc/init.d/ser stop) and see if this ever
 fails (after starting ser check if it is running: ps ax|grep ser).  If
 it fails send us the relevant log lines (grep for ser) and any error
 messages you might have got.

Andrei