[Serusers] SER/SIP & RADIUS/Auth-Type = Digest

Madan madan.r at net4india.net
Wed Nov 12 07:24:48 CET 2003

Hi All,
I have just completed installation and configuration SER with FreeRadius but I can nt seems to move ahead of the first test phase of the RADIUS-HOWTO doc

I have followed all the instructions and can nt really make out as to what is going wrong and where.

here is the radius log details, please let me know what is wrong and where

  modcall[authorize]: module "sql" returns notfound for request 0
modcall: group authorize returns ok for request 0
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type DIGEST
auth: type "digest"
modcall: entering group authenticate for request 0
rlm_digest: Configuration item "User-Password" is required for authentication.
  modcall[authenticate]: module "digest" returns invalid for request 0
modcall: group authenticate returns invalid for request 0
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Delaying request 0 for 1 seconds
Finished request 0
Going to the next request
--- Walking the entire request list --

++users file++

test Auth-Type := Digest, User-Password == "test"
     Reply-Message = "Hello, test with digest"

++ digest file++

User-Name = "test", Digest-Response = "631d6d73147add2f9e437f59bbc3aeb7",Digest-Realm = "testrealm", Digest-Nonce = "1234abcd
" ,Digest-Method = "INVITE", Digest-URI = "sip:5555551212 at example.com",Digest-Algorithm = "MD5", Digest-User-Name = "test"