[Serusers] SIP "braodcast"

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Tue Nov 11 20:55:33 CET 2003

There are two parts: one of them is signaling, the other media.
MEdia is delt with using a conferencing bridge, that's it. What is
left then is a signaling fan.

I argue that the fan functionality is better left away from SEMS and
put in a specialized software component. (specialization is good).
I would compare it to mailman which takes care of groups and runs
separately from sendmail.

The call flow would be that the group management software instructs
SEMS using REFERs to invite all parties in question to a conference.
I.e., SEMS acts in dial-out manner. The advantage over sending REFER
to participants is it works with REFER-less telephones too.

-jiri