[Serusers] RE: [Serdev] SIP "braodcast"

Klaus Darilion darilion at ict.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Nov 11 14:16:05 CET 2003

Hi!

This sounds like a pre-configured conference group, where you dial into
a conference, and then the conference server invites all the other
participants. The problem is, that you have to wait until all
participants have accepted the call before you start speaking.

Maybe a nicer solution would be the PoC (PTT over Cellular) Service,
which was recently published by several cell  phones manufacturer. This
service allows you to use SIP/RTP enabled cell phones in a walky-talky
like mode. Info and the specification can be found at:
http://www.ericsson.com/products/product_selector/Inst_Talk_hpsol.shtml

regards,
Klaus