[Serusers] Prefix to Domains vs ENUM

Alessio Focardi alessiof at interconnessioni.it
Mon Nov 10 19:04:13 CET 2003

AM> oops, i forgot to mention, my phone is reachable by dialing
AM> +878102843366003 as well ;)

your business card is becoming a little oversized, isnt'it ? :)

>> What is it for if you are using your usual phone number ?
>>
>> Maybe for "pure ip" services, no pstn at all ?

AM> +878 could, for example, be an option for people who currently don't
AM> have an ENUM trial active in their country... got it?

On to the pratical question:

I want to launch a free sip directory here in Italy.

what could be the next logical step to that my numbering plan will be
coerent to future scenarios ?

I'm going to assign every user a 6 digits username, that's pretty plain.

Beside this, I'm pretty confused:

sipphone.com states that his prefix is 1-747-474, so if they are not
partecipating in ENUM it seems logical to me to use uri conversion to
append "@sipphone.com" to every number that begins with "1-747-474".

What for addaline.com that does not state any prefix ? I have to choose one
that I like ?

And for my future plans ...

Do I have to apply now (if possibile) for an +878xxxx prefix
or I can just invent one, hoping that when they will become public
avalaible I will retain mine?

In this case .. how many digits will xxxx be ?

Again, tnx, If you will ever come to Florence you will have someone to
show you the city ! :)

--
Best regards,
 Alessio                            mailto:alessiof at interconnessioni.it