[Serusers] Adding an user via ODBC

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Mon Nov 10 16:02:45 CET 2003

Hello,

On 10-11 16:01, Alessio Focardi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to add users to the MySql database of SER using an ODBC
> link.
>
> What I'm asking is not the way to do this, since I already have it
> working, but if this method is correct and would not cause problems
> later.

   It is correct.

> I'm writing in "subscriber" table
>
> username
> domain
> password
> email
>
> So I'm missing all the "strange stuff" like phplib_id, ha1, ha1b

   phplib_id is a unique key for the php library (used by serweb).

   ha1 contains an MD5 hash of username domain and password. You can use
   gen_ha1 utility to generate it. ha1b is the same only the username is
   in form username at domain.

   ha1 and ha1b columns are used only if you have calculate_ha1
   parameter of auth_db module off.

     Jan.