[Serusers] Multiple sers to mysql & asterish voicemail

Tristan Colgate tristan at inuxtech.co.uk
Fri Nov 7 13:46:00 CET 2003

Hi,

  I am currently setting up a SER platform and would like to use Asterisk for
pstn and voicemail. I have three hosts, one machine has the mysql db and a dns
with an enum zone. I then have the main sip registrar/proy and the final box is
the asterisk server.

  My intention is to have an instance of ser running on the asterisk server to
verify authentication and check users priviledges for access to the
pstn/voicemail and to enforce the Remote Party ID, this will then nat the connection to the asterisk process' sip channel (either running 127,0.0.1.

  So is this theoretically sound? And can I have the SER proxy and the SER
instance on the * both talking to the same mysql DB?

--
Tristan Colgate
Inux Technologies

E-Mail: tristan at inuxtech.co.uk