[Serusers] Unresolveable destination

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Fri Nov 7 11:22:54 CET 2003

On Nov 07, 2003 at 17:21, Iizuka, Hirotaka, VF-JP <hirotaka.iizuka at vodafone.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with registering to the SER.
> I use X-Lite SIP softphone, and when I try to register to the SER, I get following messages;

[...]
> SEND >> 192.168.2.253:5060
> REGISTER sip:vfrnd.jp SIP/2.0
[...]
> RECEIVE << 192.168.2.253:5060
> SIP/2.0 478 Unresolveable destination (478/TM)
[...]

vfrnd.jp is not resolvable from the host running ser (neither using DNS
SRV or normal DNS A lookups). Try logging in on that host and running
 host vfrnd.jp or nslookup vfrnd.jp. You should fix your DNS entries or
 at least add vfrnd.jp to /etc/hosts. Also make sure ser knows that
 vfrnd.jp is "his" domain (I suppose that's what you want). If when you
 start ser you don't see vfrnd.jp in the alias list, then add it to your
 ser.cfg (alias= vfrnd.jp) and restart ser.

 Andrei