[Serusers] Click-to-dial working with ATA-186

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Wed Nov 5 22:45:34 CET 2003

At 10:00 PM 11/5/2003, Mike wrote:

>I was playing around with the ctd.sh script and my SER setup w/ ATA-186
>clients.  I got it to work by adding a simple "ACK" to the ctd script
>after the INVITE response and before the REFER.  The documentation page
>indicates that this ACK happens in the ctd example, but running a
>tcpdump/ngrep on the SER machine showed that it never did.

interesting -- for me, it does generate the ACK. If it does not,
something is wrong.

there is certainly one shortcoming I'm aware of which is the ACK
is generated like ACKs for negative replies (ingoring dialog rules,
i.e., sending to the same destination as INVITE and ignoring route
set). That should not however prevent the ACK from being seen.

Can you send me the ngreps?

[...]

>Also for anybody who cares, the REFER method works with the ATA-186
>firmware 2.16 and higher, but I also created a modified version of the ctd
>script that completed the calls using the BYE/Also method that works on
>pre-2.16 ATAs.

that's nice, please send it over to me.

Thanks,

-jiri