[Serusers] sip_domain

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Wed Nov 5 18:41:22 CET 2003

At 06:22 PM 11/5/2003, Dan Haynes wrote:
>Do I make the server responsible for a domain just with the export command
>or is there other configuration I must do?

by setting up a DNS name to refer to the IP address and by setting your
ser script to process requests for such a domain (as opposed to
forwarding them somewhere else). The condition may by expressed
as uri==myself (with aliases set to the domain name question) or
uri=="SOME_REG_EXP).

>  Just to be clear, can I make the
>domain name actually be foo.bar just with the export and changing the realm
>value, or are there other things that this depends on?\

domain name can be in theory different from authentication realm.
However, there are some impleementations which can't deal with it
(Windows Messenger) and it is generally a good practice to keep
both same.

-jiri