[Serusers] address already in use ,,, in error_log

Nils Ohlmeier nils at iptel.org
Tue May 27 19:43:38 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 16:16, Rami Francis wrote:
> Hello All,
>     I am getting a "forbidden acces from the Apache", I am trying 127.0.0.1
> ,,, In the error_log file it says:
>
> "(crit) (98) Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to port 80"
>
> please I need help on that ,

This is definatly a problem with your local web server setup. And we are here
on the Ser and not on the Apache users list. Sorry.
Maybe you should try to find out with 'netstat --inet -anp' which processes
allready listens on the http port on localhost.

Regards
  Nils Ohlmeier

P.S.: Repeating your help request multiple times do not improve the quality,
response time or anything else.