[Serusers] 7960 and NAT

Sean Watkins sean at northrock.bm
Sat May 24 14:33:14 CEST 2003

Hi,

I have some 7960 phones all behind Firewalls. I came up with a semi-elligent DynamicDNS hack to solve NAT problems, but it had a variety of problems -

I'm now looking at using the 7960 command:

nat_received_processing: 1

Any one with any experience using it? According the Admin manual for the 7960:

Use 0 to disable NAT received processing and 1 to enable

NAT received processing. Default is 0.

If nat_received_processing is enabled, and received= tag

is in the Via header of the 200 OK response from a

REGISTER, the IP address in the received= tag is used

instead of the nat_address in the Contact header. If this

switch occurs, the phone unregisters the old IP address

and reregisters with the new IP address.

I have this enabled, and I can see the received= flag SER is sending back upon registration, but the 7960 seems to totally ignore it? Any ideas?

Sean Watkins