[Serusers] Fifo Error - Please help?!?!

Todd erilaze at nbnet.nb.ca
Wed May 21 17:59:02 CEST 2003

Hi, I'm new to Sip and Ser and am having trouble getting the fifo to
work correctly.

This is the error I see:

Warning: fopen(/var/tmp/ser1_fifo) [function.fopen]: failed to create
stream: Permission denied in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/serweb/functions.php on line 172

I have tried with ser_fifo in the /tmp directory as specified in the the
installation guide with the same errors.  I have tried changing the
owner / group permissions as well as who owns the file to no avail.

The error comes up when the file is accessible by root, if I change it
to apache or any other user the system will not load at all...help?!?!?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Todd