[Serusers] Alias assignment problem - again

Greg Fausak greg at august.net
Tue May 20 15:22:51 CEST 2003

I got the aliases to finally work.
The trick for me was that you MUST put a line :

	location("aliases");

Somewhere in  your configuration file *before*
 you can add aliases with serctl.  That's because serctl
 uses the fifo control file which is connected to the
 running ser process.  If the running ser process doesn't
 have a request for aliases, it doesn't make the ability
 to set one.

I recognize the first error you were getting.  The
 error text doesn't really make sense, it isn't the table
 that is missing, rather the concept of a 'domain' space
 that hasn't been referenced.

As far as your error, I didn't see it in the code, I
 grep for 'expected' and find:

usrloc/ul_fifo.c:                          "400 ul_add: aor name
expected\n");
usrloc/ul_fifo.c:               LOG(L_ERR, "ERROR: ul_add: aor
expected\n");
usrloc/ul_fifo.c:                          "400 ul_add: contact
expected\n");
usrloc/ul_fifo.c:               LOG(L_ERR, "ERROR: ul_add: contact
expected\n");
usrloc/ul_fifo.c:                          "400 ul_add: expires
expected\n");
usrloc/ul_fifo.c:               LOG(L_ERR, "ERROR: ul_add: expires
expected\n");
usrloc/ul_fifo.c:                          "400 ul_add: q expected\n");
usrloc/ul_fifo.c:               LOG(L_ERR, "ERROR: ul_add: q
expected\n");

Each of these error messages is produced when the
 data was not presented on the pipe.  Kinda sounds like a mismatch
 in serctl and the ser program?

I'm looking in the 0.8.10 code base.

---greg
Greg Fausak