[Serusers] presence, buddies

anna anna.rahm at home.se
Mon May 19 11:22:28 CEST 2003

We have set up an environment including a Jabber server and one SER server. We are testing this application with an msn client.

As from what we have understood the application works  something like this.

The jabber server download (hotmail/icq) and stores all the buddies in a database.

When the sip client (with icq/msn authority) registers, The Jabber server sends all the client contacts (including the whole hotmail buddy list and it's other contacts, including status) to SER. Here it seems like SER filters all the contacts.

And ONLY send status/presence to the buddies that the client has sent "subscribed" for.

The rest won't ever appear as offline, this means that the sip client will have to register all it's buddies one more time in the sip client, meaning that all it's buddies will get one more "authorize".

We don't want that filter; we want all the buddies to be sent to the client.

We would like to skip the subscribe/notify thing and just get all the buddies directly from Jabber to the client, and not being filtered in SER. (All the buddies that not are registered in the sip client get thrown away (watcher-method in PA-module ??)).

Can we make this happen ??

This was hard to formulate but I hope you understand my problem.

Best reg

/ANNA

Sip client A                              SER                                         Jabber

regà                                        regà

10* subà

                                                ß10*notify

                                                                                                ß20*buddies

                        ß10*buddies