[Serusers] call forward on no answer

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Tue Mar 18 18:03:05 CET 2003

At 04:55 PM 3/18/2003, Juha Heinanen wrote:
>Daniel Sullivan writes:
>
> > Is it possible for SER to forward a call to another phone if the recipient
> > does not answer?

It is easy if the on_no_response destination is not individualized, e.g., if
any_username at iptel.org gets reforwarded to any_username at voicemail.iptel.org.
That's what t_on_negative and reply_route ser script constructs are good for.

It is not easy know if the on_no_response addresses are individualized
(e.g., jiri->1234, Dan->4321).

>this could be achieved with sequential forking (by trying contacts in
>decreasing q order), but sequential forking is not yet supported in ser.

Serial forking as such is supported. The missing piece is (see above)
keeping the individualized addresses, be it through user profile or
multiple registrations with different q values. We will probably try
to address it in overnext release; it will unfortunately not fit in the
upcoming release.

-Jiri