[Serusers] Any progress for radius?

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Tue Mar 11 15:56:37 CET 2003

Hello,

On 11-03 15:19, Yang Xiang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I saw many changes in CVS about radius. Is there any progress for radius?
> The radius modules from release 0.8.10 are unfortunately not usable.
>
> It seems there will be some fundamental changes in terms of radius_auth and
> radius_acc. How will the new structure look?

  Yes, authentication modules changed a little bit. There will be 3
  modules:
  - auth - this module will contain all the code that is not tight to
           a specific method of authentication, so it will basically
	   perform some sanity checks over the credentials in SIP
	   messages to make sure that the credentials are well formed
	   before they get to real authentication. This module will also
	   contain *_challenge functions and consume_credentials.
  - auth_db - This module will contain code neccessary to perform
              authentication over a database. This module will contain
	      www_authorize and proxy_authorize functions.
  - auth_radius - This module will contain code necessarry to perform
                  authorization over radius, i.e. radius_www_authorize
		  and radius_proxy_authorize.

  It will be possible to use both radius and database authentication
  simultaneously if needed.

  Group membership and URI checking (originaly in auth module) have been
  moved to separate modules. There will be also support for group
  membership checking over radius. Most of the radius related code was
  contributed by Juha Heinanen, he has our unfailing thanks for that.

  So as you can see, there is some progress :-).

  All the code was tested with freeradius server.

  In regards to radius_acc: Jiri is working on that but I do not know
  what is the current state, he is on vacation right now.

    Jan.