[Serusers] Admin Interface

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Thu Mar 6 23:43:13 CET 2003

How about a java applet for use with a web browser?  I'd have no problem
with a
requirement for a Windows PC for management, but I can see it being an
issue
for others.

And yes I would use it, in whatever form it took.

Dan

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Erik Lagerway [mailto:sipdev at xten.com]
	Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 1:50 PM
	To: sip-implementors at cs.columbia.edu
	Cc: serusers at lists.iptel.org
	Subject: [Serusers] Admin Interface

	We are contemplating building an Admin interface for SER that
could run on a windows os. We like the fact that the server is running
on Linux but we require a more intuitive interface for administration.

	A web interface is not acceptable, just not enough
functionality. We would like to create an executable that runs on
windows which interfaces with SER server running on Linux.

	I am curious if anyone else could make use of a GUI that would
incorporate all of the SER features and functionality. What do you
think? Should we attempt it? Does anyone have any preference on the
language we use, e.g. JAVA, C++ ?

	Erik Lagerway

	Xten Networks Inc.
	7170-515 West Hastings St