[Serusers] Proxy_authorize, www_authorize

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Wed Mar 5 23:05:04 CET 2003

Lasse,

I see two limitations:
- if you only challenge INVITEs to outside domain, people out of your
  domain can call people in your domain and claim shamelessly your domain
  name in From, which is then sort of rubberstamped by the proxy; so I think
  you can combine challenging based on From along with "anti-spam" policy
  "drop invites which have my domain neither in From nor in r-uri"
- if you apply such policies to other requests than BYE, you will run into
  troubles, better be permissive about non-INVITEs. See
  http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/sipping/current/msg04002.html

-Jiri