[Serusers] multiple registration on one user login

Ng, Soo Sim SooSim.Ng at hp.com
Tue Mar 4 15:08:03 CET 2003

Jan Janak writes: > Yes, several UAs can register with the same account and currently there > is no way in ser how to prevent it. Do you really need such a > restriction ? If you do that, users will be unable to register several > phones or user agents and utilize forking, for example. yes, i agree that allowing many uas to register the same uri is very useful. the only problem that i see in ser regarding it is that ser doesn't yet implement sequential forking based on the q value. it would we great if first my sip ua would ring and it that times out, then my mobile phone would ring. -- juha

I have such requirements. In providing sip-based residential ip telephony, I would like to restrict each home subsriber is only allowed to register one UA per account. This would make easy for billing purposes and for security reasons.

Is there a way to achieve this requirement with SER?