[Serusers] Some Module Questions

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Sat Mar 1 22:17:31 CET 2003

At 01:22 PM 2/28/2003, Jiri Kuthan wrote:
>>Here are my questions:
>>1) how do I get a message that I have received -- say in char *msg_buf -- to
>>be the message that is used for further routing? The policy server might
>>have changed any header fields or even created a (or several) completely new
>>message(s).
>
>If your server gave you a complete SIP message then you just need to
>send it out using a socket function.

I realized another way  how you can think of your policy server (if it makes
sense in you scenario) -- rather than giving a full resulting message, it can
give just diffs to the original message. Actually, sip cgi-bin (rfc-3050) is
doing something similar -- it  tells add_header, delete_header, etc. You can
decide whether you would like to have them high-level (append_header,
replace_header) or low-level (insert this string at offset 13).

Just came in my mind and I aired it in case you are seeking kibitzing.

-Jiri