AW: [Serusers] PRACK

Reinhard Hainz rhainz at inode.at
Fri Jun 27 11:06:09 CEST 2003

Hi,

the situation is more complicated.
The environemet:

A ... a "traditional" phone in the PSTN world
B ... an other "traditional" phone in PSTN
C ... a cisco gw connecting PSTN to IP (SIP)
D ... a SIP-Server (ser)
E ... a phone number configured in ser, that is forwared to the number
of B (using URI rewriting from ser)

The request flow is as follows:

1. A is connected (over PSTN) to C
2. C sends an INVITE to D (URI: E - this is the To-Header, too)
3. D rewrites the INVITE for E to an INVITE to B
4. D sends an INVITE to C for B (E is the record-route)
5. C sends both E a PRACK
6. D sends itself a PRACK for B (but i am not forwarding it)

The question is - why does cisco send this PRACK at all. Wenn I use the
same configuration which IP-Phones only, then no PRACK are send.

At 5. the phone B rings (but no ring tone at A), and after accepting the
call at B the call is established and works.

Regards,
Reinhard