[Serusers] Ignored 200 OK message.

Nils Ohlmeier nils at ohlmeier.de
Fri Jun 27 00:16:39 CEST 2003

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 05:59:55PM -0400, Sean P. Robertson wrote:
> I am trying to get SER 0.8.10 working with a VegaStream Vega 100 VoIP gateway and the SER appears to be ignoring the 200 OK message from the Vega signaling that the call has been answered on the PSTN side.
>
> I saw a ticket to this effect in the bugs area, but the patch for that did not help.
>
> Attached is an NGREP log from the SER machine and a SIP LOG from the VegaStream units point of view.
>
> Everything looks good from both points of view, but there should be an Ack sent back to the Vega right after the first 200 message.  The rest of the 200 messages are retrying in case the first message got lost.
>
> Any ideas?

The Cisco ATA is guilty. Its a known bug. The request URI of the ACK
from the ATA is not the same as the original request URI of the INVITE
(which has to be the same according to the RFC).
Some SER users reported that some of the last firmware updates for ATA
fixed the problem, but they had also some other penaltys (search the
mailing list archives for details).
The secodn option is that their is patch for SER available (sorry i dont
have the URL available right now) which disables the URI matching.

Regards
  Nils Ohlmeier