[Serusers] Compilation error

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Thu Jun 12 17:03:59 CEST 2003

On Jun 12, 2003 at 10:07, mjkane at cape.com <mjkane at cape.com> wrote:
> Hello, I'm tring to compile ser-0.8.11pre29 using make all.  I am running Redhat 8.0.  The ser-0.8.11pre29.rpm install with no problem, but I noticed a posting that the generic install doesn't support mysql modules.

By generic install it was meant : make install

There are several modules which are not compiled by make all/make
modules (and not installed). The reasons are: this modules either depend
on some external library (like mysql, jabber, auth-radius a.s.o), are
not yet stable enough or are not complete.

There are separate rpms for mysql, jaber and radius:
ser-0.8.11pre29-0.i386.rpm
ser-jabber-0.8.11pre29-0.i386.rpm
ser-mysql-0.8.11pre29-0.i386.rpm
ser-radius-0.8.11pre29-0.i386.rpm

To compile ser with all the modules considered stable use:
make all include_modules="jabber mysql auth_radius group_radius
uri_radius"

Use the same for make install:
make install  include_modules="jabber mysql auth_radius group_radius$
uri_radius"

Note:
  - there is a little chance you will need the *radius modules.
  - you need:
     libmysqlclient ( libmysqlclient-dev on debian, mysql-devel
      on rh) for the mysql module
     libexpat (libexpat1-dev on debian, expat-devel on rh) for the
      jabber module
     libradiusclient ( libradius1-dev on debian, radiusclient-devel on rh) for
      the radius modules

> Extra objs:
> gcc  -Wl,-O2 -Wl,-E   action.o crc.o data_lump.o data_lump_rpl.o dprint.o dset.o error.o fifo_server.o flags
> .o forward.o hash_func.o ip_addr.o main.o md5.o md5utils.o modparam.o msg_translator.o pass_fd.o proxy.o rec
> eive.o resolve.o route.o route_struct.o script_cb.o sr_module.o stats.o tcp_main.o tcp_read.o timer.o udp_se
> rver.o mem/f_malloc.o mem/mem.o mem/memtest.o mem/q_malloc.o mem/shm_mem.o mem/vq_malloc.o parser/hf.o parse
> r/msg_parser.o parser/parse_content.o parser/parse_cseq.o parser/parse_event.o parser/parse_expires.o parser
> /parse_fline.o parser/parse_from.o parser/parse_hname2.o parser/parse_hostport.o parser/parse_nameaddr.o par
> ser/parse_param.o parser/parser_f.o parser/parse_rr.o parser/parse_to.o parser/parse_uri.o parser/parse_via.
> o parser/digest/digest.o parser/digest/digest_parser.o parser/digest/param_parser.o parser/contact/contact.o
>  parser/contact/parse_contact.o db/db.o lex.yy.o cfg.tab.o     -lfl -ldl -lresolv -o ser
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lfl
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

You don't have flex installed (it's required to compile ser, see
INSTALL).
> make: *** [ser] Error 1

Andrei