[Serusers] Forwarding to another number if busy

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Thu Jun 5 00:43:19 CEST 2003

At 11:01 PM 6/4/2003, Greg Fausak wrote:
>I tried a lookup("location") in my reply_route, got this error:
>
>Jun  4 14:53:42 rave ser[27097]: lookup(): Unable to find To HF

Can you send me surrounding logs and your config file too --
I have difficultied to find this error message. Does the message
include a To header field? Which SER version are you using?

>I understand about the FIFO.
>
>If I forward number A -> B -> C, do I have to reset
>T_on_negative in each reply_route, or does it happen automatically?

t_on_failure is a one-time shot and if you wish to try somewhere else
after the first retry, you have to set it to some value again. That's
this way to avoid mistaken endless recursion.

>That is:
>
>failure_route[3] {
>  if (lookup("alternate_dst")) {
>    t_on_negative("3");

     ^^^ yes, that's it.

>    t_relay();
>    break;
>  }
>  else
>  {
>     t_reply("600", "nowhere to go, maybe voicemail is the last stop");
>  }
>}
>
>One other question, does t_relay() generate a packet to myself?

I'm not sure I understand what myself means. t_relay forwards a request to
destination(s) in current uri (set). The destination can have the same URI
as caller, if you mean that.

Regards,

-jiri