[Serusers] Checking user credentials on INVITE method

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Thu Jul 31 12:45:50 CEST 2003

On 31-07 12:47, Director General: NEFACOMP wrote:
> I know Jan won't be happy for this question because it may look simple.
> But I have tried everything I can and after failing I decided to ask it
> here.

  No, I am fine with any question as long it is related to ser.

> I have realized that SER checks the username and password when a UA sends a
> REGISTER command but it doesn't check the password when a user sends a
> INVITE command.

   Yes.

> This makes SER accept calls from people who did not even register.

   Yes, you must accept such calls otherwise people who are, for
   example, registered at another proxy, won't be able to call your
   registered users.

> This is true because my GATEWAY doesn't register with SER but I can make
> calls from PSTN to my IP network.
>
> So, my question is: HOW do I instruct SER to check the username and password
> of the CALLER?

  if (method=="INVITE") {
  	if (!proxy_authorize("your.domain", "subscriber")) {
	    proxy_challenge("your.domain", "0");
	    break;
	};
  };