[Serusers] radius accounting capabilities with SER

jaime at umtstrial.co.uk jaime at umtstrial.co.uk
Fri Jul 25 17:48:02 CEST 2003

Hello all,

I have been going through the archives, but could not see any question on
the same subject, so here it goes:

After putting together a freeradius server and a CVS version of SER, the
server can authenticate users using RADIUS. Now I'm trying to do
accounting on certain events, mainly calling and sending messages between
clients.

Radius Accounting Start messages are created and sent to the RADIUS server
when calling from one User Agent to the other, but no Stop messages are
created once the two end points finish the conversation. SIP dialogs are
record-routed, so SER is able to see all the transactions.

My questions are:

- What triggers the generation of radius accounting requests?
- Can we configure these triggers somehow (on a per method/filter basis)?

Any hints on this would be very appreciated.

Jaime