[Serusers] exec_msg and exec_uri integration

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Tue Jul 15 09:48:14 CEST 2003

At 06:26 PM 7/14/2003, Cerrajetto wrote:
>Hello,
>
>We are testing exec_msg and exec_uri.
>
>exec_msg sends via standard input all sip headers and contents, but exec_uri
>only sends current uri ...

Almost all parts of SIP message are passed in environment variables,
see our doc: http://www.iptel.org/ser/doc/prerelease/c1088.html#USINGEXEC,
the last figure in example 2 (printenv).

>Therefore, we can only write external scripts to
>redirect on a "current_uri" basis. We would like to integrate "exec_msg"
>and "exec_uri" features, is it possible?

As said before, one alternative would be to serve yourself from env-vars.

The other way is writing a module which merges both functionalities. That
would take slightly more work than exec as is now -- exec relies on 'popen',
which makes lot of things for you in a portable way. It unfortunately also
sets limitations which made me split the module in two separate actions.

>We've found that after a change in ser.cfg it is needed to restart SER to
>apply changes, is there a way to force a "reload" of ser.cfg?

There is not config-reload option. Not really too bad as user-loc database
is kept persistently, transactions can complete statelessly and that's all
state you have. Nevertheless, it is definitely a nice convenience feature
which should show up in SER some day.

-Jiri