[Serusers] Alias table not found

Greg Fausak greg at august.net
Mon Jul 7 21:24:13 CEST 2003

Emery,

I ran into this as well.
It is a bit tricky!

First, in your ser script, put the command:

lookup("alias");

Put it anywhere!

For instance:

 if(src_ip==0.1.2.3 & src_ip==3.2.1.0)
 {
    lookup("alias");
 };

This command actually does nothing, but it causes the
 alias 'domain' to be loaded.  Since the alias table is now
 loaded into the running 'ser', the fifo associated with ser will
 now respond correctly to the new alias command.

I assume you are seeing the error when trying to add a new
 alias using serctl, right?  If that is the case, insert the
 above command into your ser.cfg route {} and restart it, then
 the serctl will work as you expect.

---greg
Greg Fausak
Addaline.com, Inc.