[Serusers] adding a header

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Mon Jul 7 15:25:06 CEST 2003

On Jul 07, 2003 at 13:08, Mario Kolberg <mko at cs.stir.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to add a header to SIP messages (for a research project).
> However, it seems as ser (version 0.8.11pre26) doesn't like my code.
> Below is the function which is part of a module. It seems as depending
> on the length of the variable test, ser either crashes or just doesn't
> send on the full message (truncated after the new header). It sounds a
> bit like a memory problem. I tried to make sure that memory is properly
> allocated (thats why the pkg_malloc) and the string is terminated.
>
> I'd be grateful for any pointers!

The code seems ok. Could you send us a core dump along with a
tar.{gz,bz2} with the sources and the binaries? (either to
serhelp at lists.iptel.org or put them on a ftp/http server) To get a core dump
you might need to run: ulimit -c unlimited and then start ser with ./ser
-w dir_where_core_will_be_dumped.

BTW: if you want to add a header make sure is not 0 terminated (this
will insert a \0 in the message!). It should be terminated by a CR LF
(\r\n).

Andrei