[Serusers] user permission problem on ser-jabber gw

Daniel-Constantin MIERLA mierla at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Fri Jan 31 18:06:01 CET 2003

Hello,
that occurs because the TCP connection with Jabber server is down
(possible to have Jabber server crashed or other network reasons).
Please check if the Jabber server is still running. Otherwise use ngrep
(http://ngrep.sourceforge.net) to see the network traffic on port 5222
(use loopback if ser and jabber are on same machine). You should see the
message flow between ser and Jabber. Watch if SER opens connection with
Jabber server and no error messages arise.

If you are in trouble understanding the Jabber messages you can send me
the dump and I will try to figure out what is happening.

Regards,
Daniel