[Serusers] Re: Troubles using b2bua as a accounting and call duration limiting module for SER router

Maxim Sobolev sobomax at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 21 01:33:34 CET 2003

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 02:52:22PM -0800, Surendra Prajapat wrote:
> Comments inline.
> [...]
> >This is exactly the scenario I am having problem with. Seemingly, when UA2
> >is
> >off-line, B2BUA tries to contact it several times, but then just gives up
> >without sending 4xx Request Timeout message to UA1 as it is expected to.
>
> Looks like 408 for request time-out would  reach to the other side of
> b2bUa, but it is just
> sending 408 to the other side (UA1). See line 156 in MultilegCallControl.cxx
> I think the 408 should be treated differently and a cancel should be
> generated for
> all the peers. Can you try the fix and send me the patch if that works for
> you.

I'll try it and let you know then.

> >received

> >pthreads
> >>
> >> May be someone in community may help on this.
> >
> >Would be really nice.
> >
> >BTW, is there any ongoing work on adding support for Digest-based radius
> >authentification into b2bua as specified in the RADIUS Extension for
> >Digest Authentification IETF draft? Since it is necessary for us we already
> >started implementing it, but reinventing the wheel is not the thing we are
> >interested in.
>
> No plans yet but it is in todo list. Would it be possible for you to
> contribute
> it back ? Would be nice if we can configure the option via config file.

Yes, we are planning to contribute the feature back, but I am not sure
it we will make it an option since we are not really interested in keeping
the current quite unsecure and therefore not generally useable mechanism.
Would it be possible for you to do an option from it if we will sibmit
patched that replace current authentification mechanism with one digest
based?

-Maxim