[Serusers] Rewriting URI in the Contact field

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Mon Jan 20 14:43:51 CET 2003

/* still catching up on my backlog */

At 05:10 AM 1/16/2003, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
>> I'm not yet sure whether we should go for script programmability for
>> replies. Currently, "as is" it's imho quite unsafe. The script is now
>> built primarily for request processing. Applying some of the
>> request-processing actions to replies might possibly result in
>> unpredictable behaviour. For examples, attempts to manipulate uri's
>> might manipulate other things (union use), or when manipulating lump
>> list,  request lump list (and not reply list) would be mistakenly used.
>
>This is already handled properly by my patches for tm module - before
>invoking do_acton() it replaces msg->add_rm with msg->repl_add_rm and
>restores it after return from do_action().

ok, I see. That should work too.

I'm currently refurbishing some of these parts and unless I do not discover
some shortcoming, I would like to have three different route blocks. route[]
(request processing), reply_route[] (request processing on receipt of reply)
and reply[] (reply processing). Along with an updated module interface, it
should add more sanity and allow easy syntactical checking of what action
can be used from what block type.

Your patches look reasonable and I'll do my best to align them to these
undergoing changes. Just bear with my pace -- I have currently too many
things to do.

-Jiri