[Serusers] problems getting started with ser/serweb

Stephan Reiff-Marganiec srm at cs.stir.ac.uk
Thu Jan 16 16:24:28 CET 2003

Hi,

I have installed ser and was amazed how easy it was to install (we have
previously experimented with sipd, which finally runs ...).

I have run through the archives and also looked at all the
documentation, but some things still don't work.

I use kphone 2.11 as client, but have tried sipc on a solaris box to the
same extend. I am running kphone and ser 0.8.10 on redhat 8. MySQL is
3.23.52.

I have set the domain/realm things to cs.stir.ac.uk and restarted ser.

I have then set up a user using "serctl add srm test srm at cs.stir.ac.uk".

Now, on serweb in user_interface/index I cannot login with this user.

In kphone, I cannot register (it works ok on the columbia server):