[Serusers] encryption on authorization

Karsten Knüttel sip at k-knuettel.de
Fri Jan 3 10:17:50 CET 2003

Hi there,

In a REGISTER case there is a HeaderField AUTHORIZATION. The usual
encryption algorithm is "MD5".

Is it possible to REGISTER without any encryption?

Please give a statement if I understood everything right or correct me:

Digest Username   => not encrypted;
realm                     =>not encrypted;
URI                       =>not encrypted;

Nonce                   => encrypted  => is Password?
Response               => encrypted  => what´s that?

Thanks!

P.S.: I sniffered the network traffic when I registerd,established a
VoIP-Connection and ended my call. Etherreal, the snifferprogramm, does
understand SIP and SDP so I could easy protocol and understand what was
going on.