[Serusers] Access control on PSTN gateways

Michael Graff Michael_Graff at isc.org
Tue Jan 14 21:59:03 CET 2003

Jiri Kuthan <jiri at iptel.org> writes:

> - rewriting From at a quite high risk of interoperability problems

If this is only used between this specific PSTN gateway (a Cisco box)
and SER (we require it to be in the loop for this PSTN path) this may
be the fastest way.  It is a 1:1 translation anyway, so we could
really say "from source SER s/graff at isc.org/65077970xx at isc.org/ and
reverse the translation on the other way (or just let it talk directly
to us, since that's not the problem direction.)

Yes, I know it's a hack, and not a long-term fix.  I think the NAI
thing seems like the fix we'd want.

When is SIP 3.x coming out that fixes all the NAT, proxy, and other
protocol issues?  Sorry, I'm being cynical.  :)

--Michael