[Serusers] Rewriting URI in the Contact field

Maxim Sobolev sobomax at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 14 14:37:04 CET 2003

Jiri Kuthan wrote:

> At 11:14 AM 1/14/2003, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> >Jiri Kuthan wrote:
> >>
> >> Isn't the ATA able of "double registration" (see draft-ietf-sipping-nat-scenarios-00.txt) ?
> >> I thought it was able to register, look at received and rport and re-register
> >> then again with the host/port it learned from reply to the first registration.
> >>
> >> Or does it do so only for IP address (received) and not for port numbers (rport)?
> >
> >Unfortunately it doesn't do it yet neither for received nor for rport.
>
> I think at least "received" is processed. Though not well documented, Cisco claims
> to have it and I heard rumours about people using it.
>
> See
> http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/ata/atarn/186rn214.htm#xtocid22
> the paragraph "Receiver-tagged VIA header".

Thank you for the pointer, but it seems that 2.15 version doesn't do
it, at least it certainly don't try to cancel INVITE or re-register
when receiving reply with `received' set. :( Perhaps for some reason
the feature was removed.

But it doesn't really matter, because as long as ata (or any other UA
that sends/receives from the same UDP port) is concerned, my nathelper
module provides the same functionality.

-Maxim