[Serusers] Rewriting URI in the Contact field

Jan Janak J.Janak at sh.cvut.cz
Fri Jan 10 14:15:11 CET 2003

On 10-01 14:32, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I need an advise on how to better implement one feature, which isn't
> currently present in SER. We need to allow UAs behind NAT properly
> register with the registrar - by "properly" I mean that host:port portion
> of URI in Contact field should not be used, but host:port the request
> came from should be used instead. By definition we know that those UAs
> will support symmetric SIP signalling, so that this scheme will work just
> fine.
>
> In my opinion there are two ways to do it: either add new rewritecontact*
> family of functions similar to rewritehost ones. or add a new flag for
> the save() function. This is where I need your help - which implementation
> looks better for you (or maybe you have even some better idea), since
> we are really interested in inclusion of our changes into the mainline to
> reduce our local hacks.

  This should be implemented as a standalone module for ser. I want to keep
  registrar clean, it should not be aware of NATs. So, create a new module
  for ser that will contain all the NAT traversal helper functions, the
  functions will be then called from the config script.

  That includes modifications of contact, adding rport to Via and so on.

  regards, Jan.