[Serusers] Re: Problems compiling SER with radius support

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Wed Jan 8 02:16:49 CET 2003

At 12:06 PM 1/7/2003, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
>Dear Sirs,
>
>Our company is currently evaluating several freely available SIP
>proxy/registrars to extend our VoIP billing engine, which currently
>only supports H323, to support SIP as well. We found SER to be one of
>the best for our needs: speed, documentation, flexibility - everything
>is great.

Thank you -- I am really flattered :-)

>Hovewer, since our billing engine uses Radius for AAA, we need
>to get Radius modules working. Unfortunately, we can't compile radius
>modules with virgin radiusclient 0.3.2 as suggested in documentation - it
>seems that some SIP-specific changes need to be applied to radiusclient
>headers, see the following log:

Unfortunately, the radius_acc module is currently in middle of
a reconstruction. It is being merged with acc module and some
shortcomings in it are being fixed. The updated version will
be available in the next release of ser. In the meantime, you
can try using the version on CVS (available as a tarball at
http://www.iptel.org/~jiri/etc/radius/) at your risk.

>Thank you in advance!
>
>On a separate note I would like to ask you to let me know if there is
>any progress on pre-paid module discussed on this list recently. Since we
>will also need this functionality, perhaps we can team-up to implement it.

That sounds appealing. We have currently no development cycles as everybody
is busy with maintaining the currently available software. However, if
anyone is willing to volunteer and implement a B2BUA, we will be glad
to provide guidance on that.

-Jiri